If you are interested in registering at Southwood Secondary School, please verify whether you live in the school boundary before calling to make a registration appointment.
You can use the School Eligibility application to find out which school boundary you live in and whether you are eligible to ride the bus to school.
If you are new to Waterloo Region District School Board, please register by clicking this link OnLine Registration please follow the instructions and create an account.
If you are currently registered at another school within WRDSB or WCDSB, please ask your current vice-principal to complete a Principal to Principal transfer request. Once we approve the transfer, we will contact you for a registration appointment.
The following documentation is required at your registration appointment:
- Proof of student’s age (present one original document from the list below)
- Canadian Birth Certificate/Birth Registration Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card/Certificate/Passport
- Permanent Resident Card/Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- Letter of Admission from International Admissions
- Proof of Address (present one original document from the list below)
- Purchase or Rental or Lease Agreement/Tax Bill
- Current Utility Bill (water, hydro, gas, home phone, cable, internet)
- Government forms (i.e. Service Canada documents)
- Note: We cannot accept a Driver’s License as a proof of address
- Student Records:
- Copy of the student’s Graduation Summary, Transcripts, or Previous Report Cards
- Proof of Custody:
- Students must live with their parent(s)/guardians unless legal documentation supports an alternate living arrangement
Students new to Canada, whose first language is not English, should contact the Welcome Centre to book an assessment prior to registering with the school. Please visit the Welcome Centre for Newcomers webpage for details.
For details about registering and the International Registration process, please visit International Admissions
We look forward to meeting you!