- Please visit the Library Learning Commons at wrdsb.insigniails.com/library/Home for streaming video resources
Curriculum Support Tools
- Learning Lunch: Tech Tools, Documentation and Plagiarism Prevention
- Ontario Educational Resources Bank
- TED: Ideas Worth Spreading
- Teachers First Content Matrix
- Internet Archive Digital Library (has accessible and pdf copies of many books)
Equity and Inclusion
- Equity and Inclusion in Ontario Schools: Guidelines for Policy Development and Implementation
- Safe @ School
- How Do We Know We are Making a Difference?
- CSL Collection Diversity Toolkit
- Think Literacy Resources (from Ontario Ministry of Education)
- Boys’ Literacy Report (from the Ontario Think Literacy resources)
- Me Read, and How!
- Boys Read :a discussion forum to support literacy for boys.
Boys and Reading (a report on literacy support for boys in WRDSB libraries)
Check out some of these programs that can be used with students and classes to brainstorm ideas, enhance presentations, or provide alternative ways to communicate ideas.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Express (formerly Adobe Spark)–create a variety of digital products; free version available
- Creative Commons–royalty free open licensed images, music video, etc.
- Word Cloud Generator: — generates “word clouds” from text that you provide
- Padlet: Words That Stick — online notice board maker
- Slideshare — Share presentations, documents, and videos
- Canva–create infographics and digital presentations
- Preceden — Create timelines online
- SurveyMonkey — use for surveys, quizzes and much more
- Puzzlemaker — Crossword maker
- Mathtype — a program that allows you to type equations and present calculations. The program integrates with Word and both Windows and Mac . A 30-day trial version of the full program is followed by a “lite” version that is still very useful.
- Chemsketch — a program that draws molecules, names organic molecules, and provides a template with a variety of science apparati. The program is very useful for both chemistry and biology.
- SketchUp–create 3D models
- WeVideo–board licensed audio and video and screencasting editor; select Login with Google on the log in screen
- Audacity a free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is compatible with both Mac and Windows.
- Ontario Ministry of Education
- Ontario College of Teachers
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board
- Ontario Teachers’ Federation
- Legislative Assembly of Ontario