- Please visit the Library Learning Commons at library.wrdsb.ca for streaming video resources
Curriculum Support Tools
- Learning Lunch: Tech Tools, Documentation and Plagiarism Prevention
- Google Apps for WRDSB Educators (log in with your PAL)
- Web/Max (Centralized Instructional Resources)
- Ontario Educational Resources Bank (Please see your teacher-librarian for User ID and Password details.)
- TED: Ideas Worth Spreading
- Teachers First Content Matrix
- Think Literacy Resources (from Ontario Ministry of Education)
- Boys’ Literacy Report (from the Ontario Think Literacy resources)
- Me Read, and How!
- Boys Read :a discussion forum to support literacy for boys.
Boys and Reading (a report on literacy support for boys in WRDSB libraries)
Check out some of these programs that can be used with students and classes to brainstorm ideas, enhance presentations, or provide alternative ways to communicate ideas.
- Wordle: Beautiful Word Clouds — generates “word clouds” from text that you provide
- Padlet: Words That Stick — online notice board maker
- Slideshare — Share presentations, documents, and videos
- Glogster — Online poster maker
- Timeglider — Create timelines online
- SurveyMonkey — use for surveys, quizzes and much more
- Puzzlemaker — Crossword maker
- TitanPad — several people can work on one document simultaneously
- Twiddla: A Meeting Playground — can mark up websites, graphics and photos or start brainstorming on a blank canvas
- Royalty-Free Music — search by genre or mood
- Bitstrips (Ministry-licenced) — an online comic strip/cartoon/graphic novel creator ideal for reading, writing and media literacy. Easy-to-use graphic tools that allow students to create and publish online.
- Mathtype — a program that allows you to type equations and present calculations. The program integrates with Word and both Windows and Mac . A 30-day trial version of the full program is followed by a “lite” version that is still very useful.
- Chemsketch — a program that draws molecules, names organic molecules, and provides a template with a variety of science apparati. The program is very useful for both chemistry and biology.
- Audacity is a free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is compatible with both Mac and Windows.
- Waterloo Region District School Board
- Ontario Ministry of Education
- Ontario College of Teachers
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board
- Ontario Teachers’ Federation
- Legislative Assembly, Ontario