Summer School 2023
Students planning to take a regular summer school course (not co-op) – please complete the form below to assist your guidance counsellor with registration. Students can only register for ONE summer course (or the 2 1/2 credit careers/civics package).
IF YOU NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOUR GUIDANCE COUNSELLOR ABOUT SUMMER SCHOOL, PLEASE BOOK AN APPOINTMENT.
Courses will be offered in two formats this July – courses run from Tuesday, July 4th to Friday, July 28th. You are required to indicate which learning model you prefer.
- IN PERSON at Huron Heights Secondary School (8:30-3:00, Monday to Friday)
- E-LEARNING (asynchronous – no live teaching)
- Students who have a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently are best suited for e-learning courses.
- Regular attendance is critical for success at summer school. All full credit summer school courses involve a minimum of 110 hours of content and instruction. Failure to attend regularly may result in your removal from a course.
- If you plan to travel, attend camp, etc. during the posted summer school dates, you should NOT register for a course this July.
- In person learners must attend Huron Heights from 8:30am-3pm (Monday to Friday).
- All work must be completed and submitted as instructed by the teacher.
- Students (both in-person and e-learners) are expected to keep up with the course material, due dates and time commitments each week.
- WRDSB reserves the right to cancel courses if there is insufficient enrolment. Students/parents/legal guardians will be notified by email if the course they registered for is cancelled.