September 28th, 2022
58 Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) Co-operative Education students are about to receive $1,000 each. These awards are thanks to the Learn and Work and Skilled Trade Bursary Programs. That works out to $58,000 in bursaries to support students as they explore the career options available to them.
Co-operative Education students from across the WRDSB were supported by Learning Support Services (LSS) staff in applying for these bursaries. Each submitted applications that spoke to:
- How the bursary would impact them
- What they hoped the experiential learning opportunity would provide them
Congratulations to all the students who were selected. We hope your experiences in Co-operative Education are valuable. We’re excited to see you achieve your goals in learning and in your careers ahead.
About the Learn and Work and Skilled Trade Bursary Programs
The Learn and Work Bursary Program supports vulnerable and underserved students:
- Who are enrolled in a Co-operative Education program and who have financial and other barriers to completing the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
The Skilled Trade Bursary supports students with:
- Increasing their exposure to experiential learning opportunities in post-secondary skilled trades pathways
Learn more about the bursaries available by speaking with the Guidance Counsellor at your high school.
Co-operative Education in the Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB)
Co-operative Education placements give students a hands-on way to explore careers in fields as diverse as:
- Child care
- Computer programming
- Skilled trades
Learn more by speaking with the Guidance Counsellor at your high school.
Pathways to Success
Visit the Pathways to Success website for information on:
- Co-operative Education
- Dual Credit
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP)
- Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM)